Wednesday, November 19, 2008

note

No, the interwebs didn't break - I took a day off yesterday. I had a migraine that refused to let up, for a good 24 hours, and it was hard to keep my eyes open without puking, so... I rested on my word-count laurels, and slept a lot.

Unfortunately for me, that buffer isn't *quite* as big as I'd hoped. I was a good 2400 words ahead, which means that even with the day off, I still had, what, 800 or so more than scheduled?

But, NaNoWriMo's Official Word Count Validator went up today. And I don't know how they program their word counter, but no matter WHAT program I'm using on my own to count my words (and over the years I've used...what, five different things?), their counter ALWAYS counts fewer words in my novel than my programs do. So I'm down by A FREAKING THOUSAND!!?! now. siiiiiiiigh. Doubly-glad I had that buffer now...uh, not that it made up the difference. gahhh.

Due to the migraine yesterday, I really don't want to push too much caffeine on myself (I ate more Excedrin than I was apparently supposed to, and that stuff's got nearly as much caffeine as coffee). So we'll see how well plugging through 1,667 goes tonight without it... *crosses fingers*

No comments:

 

Written contents by Ananda Daydream | Missing You Blogger Template